Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April 24, 2013


April 2013

I looked at my blog yesterday and realized how long it has been since I updated it.

I talked to Ken (my brother) on his birthday and when I asked him how things are going he said, “We’re just working and churching.”  That is an excellent summation.  I concur.

We have spent a good deal of time working on our yard over the past few months. 
-         We took out our planter/fire pit in the back corner of the back yard.  That involved renting a tractor and hauling away a load of dirt and “stuff”.
-         We moved the playhouse into the other back corner
-         We got rid of the trampoline (after Mark bounced through it – not his fault).
-         We built a shed in the corner where the planter used to be.
-         We built new raised planters around the back wall and the side wall.  That involved about 5 trips to get dirt and mulch and two pallets of blocks.

I sincerely hope we are finished for the time being.  We have flowers along the back and vegetables and herbs along the side.

It was nice to have our yard done though.  We had a luau for Christeena’s birthday and it was nice in the back.  The kids all had fun.

Jane brought kalua pork and we made kalua turkey (very good).

Well this is shorter than I thought.  I will try not to be so long next time.


1 comment:

  1. Good fun at your house, as always, and good food! We had a fun time. Love your new planters - what a lot of work, but so nice!

    ReplyDelete